Enter your email address

For Regular Updates

Model Molecular Biologist/ Biochemist Cover Letter

Dear Sir/Madam,


I am applying for the position of Molecular Biologist/Biochemist as advertised on your  website. I identify your company with quality and innovation and I believe that I have a  combination of experience and enthusiasm that will make a significant contribution to  your company’s Research & Development activities.


During ten years of research in some of the most eminent academic research institutes  in Europe I have consistently been exposed to very high quality science. Most of my own  research has focused on the biochemical and genetic characterisation of mRNA/protein  complexes.  As detailed on my CV, I  have acquired expertise in a broad range of  biochemical, cell biological and molecular biology procedures. This includes using phage  display technology to identify tumor suppressor proteins. I’ve also experience using a  yeast two-hybrid systems. I am extremely hard working and dedicated to my research. I  also have a strong track record of developing new techniques and disseminating them to  other members of a team.

I have demonstrated organisational and leadership qualities, for instance in the  supervision of undergraduate and PhD students, and in instigating and overseeing  significant improvements in division-wide confocal microscopy and media preparation  facilities. I am now looking for an exciting new challenge, and want to use my skills in an  environment with more emphasis on applied research.  I very much look forward to having the opportunity to discuss my application with you in  more detail. I am available for an interview at any time.


Yours faithfully,
Dr. Frederic Baule